We are hardly working to present 3D model of the retired steel company – "The Lower Area Vítkovice" which is part of European Culture Heritage. The pupils of the Elementary School Dana & Emil Zátopek are modeling the objects in Trimble SketchUp. We have a 15-member team in the age range between 12 and 15 years led by IT teacher and by our graduates (David Hotař and Ondřej Vaňka), who are involved in the project.
During first phase we had to gain knowledge of steel works department so the students get point of view in construction details. SketchUp is good for young pupils to create fast prototype of the model. During November 2013 we visited the Vitkovice area and took many photos and saw the real model. After that we had to distribute work instruction and source files among them.
During Christmas we were modeling THE VITKOVICE AREA. Models are accessible in 3D Warehouse. We are continuously working to improve models and add precise. We want put technology explanation to our webpages to explain how steel factory works.
How tha gas container called GONG was created in SketchUP you can watch in this video.
Now we are starting to model it in Cinema 4D so we will be able to create more professional animation and prepare models for Quine Engine in which we would like to create a realtime render of the scene. Together, we are thinking how to publish our model in our sites.
Sumary of Activities and tasks:
- Excursion to the Vitkovice Area. [done]
- Shooting objects for textures and video recording. [done]
- Photo adjustment in GIMP or Photoshop. [done]
- Photo and video distribution in cloud. [done]
- Creating 3D model (geometry) in Trimble SketchUP and its texturing. [in process]
- Upload to 3D Warehouse. [done]
- Web page creating for 3D models presentation and views. [in process]
- Remodeling in Cinema 4D, scene creation, export for Quine Engine. [February/March 2014] [in progress]
- Animation created in Cinema 4D and SketchUp. [May/June2014] [preparing]
- Print onPrusa i3 3D printer [preparing]
Models created in Cinema 4D will be than assembled in Quine Engine to create a realtime render of the scene. Later we will publish the whole scene on this site. But here is our first experiment:
We subscribed this project to inGenious Competition and hope for success. Please watch our progress
Elementary School of Dana & Emil Zátopek